Skip to main content

5 Love Languages

     My husband and I are leading ( I say this loosely as I feel we are just hosting and God is moving through us) a 5 Love Languages group with the most amazing 5 couples. Everyone has been putting forth such effort to read and learn from these chapters so far.  We are diving in to each love language now and over the next few weeks we will be actively trying to learn our spouses love language in order to help develop a deeper intimacy with our spouse. I know from speaking to everyone we are all in different seasons of marriage; some have children, some have newborns, others are expecting and we have all been through our share of trials an adventures. So each are taking away some new tidbit of information to put forth in their marriage to strengthen and renew that lost "love" feeling.
    Throughout the past weeks we have issued a challenge to the couples. The first week was to sit and talk with no children, phones or interruptions for 5 solid minutes.(For Quality Time Love Language) This may not seem like a lot of time but for some it was, if you have lost that connection and communication with your spouse it is hard to talk about your desires, hurts, work or anything in general. I was so excited to hear that some made it through the 5 minutes fairly easily and others ended up talking for hours. It is easy to get swept up in daily life and forget that you married your best friend for a reason!
     The second challenge was to spend 1 minute in some type of loving physical contact.  (Physical Touch Love Language) Some chose a hug, kissing, hand holding, some even took a nap together which I find perfectly sweet because you need refreshment sometimes and what a great way to embrace and rest!
     This week's challenge is to surprise your spouse with a special gift. (Receiving Gifts Love Language) It doesn't have to be expensive just something thoughtful to let them know you are thinking of them and willing to apply things that are being learned through this study. Although everyone may not be one of these languages we felt it was important to hit on each one because your spouse may be that language and you will need to learn to speak your spouses love language in order to deepen your relationship and intimacy. I am anxious to hear what everyone does for their spouse and how it affects their week! So with all this being said I wanted to share what I made for the ladies in the group as a gift. (We broke up in to men/women this week so I prepared this for my ladies!) It is just a simple book mark that they can use to mark where they are in the 5 Love Language book or in their Bible as they strive to dive deeper into the Word each day!


Arial posted this of her using hers today while she was in her daily quiet time!! (Thank you Arial for sharing with me!)

I simply sewed up some fabric, used a laminating iron on and my Silhouette to personalize!! I love getting to be crafty and sharing it with others!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you Apologize to your Children?

     So, as I sit down to write this I've prayed over what to say and how to say it. Hoping that is all comes out right and can be understood. The question is...Do you apologize to your children? I know I'm not the only mama out there that had a baby up most of the night, the alarm didn't go off, you forgot to prep your child's lunch the night before so now you are even later than you could have been because you have to take the time to fix it. Things spun out of control at work or home the rest of the day and when the evening comes you are so beyond frustrated out it comes.....harsh words to our kids. I've lashed out many times before, it's like you just snap and it can't be controlled. You know what? It's ok! We all have bad days, you're doing a terrific job, Mama! Don't let it ruin you! It's what we do during the next few moments that I as a parent have come to view as extremely important and necessary! I stop what I am doing and I pull Zo

The Beautiful Wife

      I have had the privilege to be in a small group called The Beautiful Wife. We are studying this book "The Beautiful Wife" By Sandy Ralya. When starting this group I found out that when these groups are going on Sandy herself is praying over us. Not only our church, but her...the very author of her book is praying for us.  You can email her to let her know you are hosting this group and she encourages you through special messages and prayer. I just think this is an amazing way to connect with an author who is passionate about women becoming a more beautiful wife!      Throughout the last 6 weeks we have read, studied and journaled topics from Self-Care to Inviting Romance into your marriage. It has been a very deep, emotional and eye opening 6 weeks for me. There are areas in my marriage that were quietly hidden that have been opened raw and healed through prayer, journaling and sharing with this amazing group of women that I have come to love and support. It is easy to

Marking off the Bucket List!

     I don't know if anyone has a bucket list or if you aren't sure of what it is I will explain it. Basically it is experiences you want to have accomplished during your lifetime. I wrote out my bucket list in October of 2009 when my daughter Zoe was about to turn a year old. Since then I have added to it and marked things off as well. One of the things I have prayed for since having our first daughter was for her to accept Jesus as her Lord and follow in baptism.  The Sunday before last she did that very thing! She made the decision to believe and follow Christ! My heart has been over flowing with joy and excitement for her! We are so very proud of her, she is so sweet, loving and caring and my prayer is that she will always stay that way. She will follow in baptism the next time our church has it! So I get to mark another wonderful experience off my bucket list! 1.See the Grand Canyon at sunrise w/my family.  2 .Make myself a room in our home that is just for me!  (Then t