Skip to main content

Working on my first tutorial/ Like Most Women I had a change of heart!!!

     I am new to the world of blogging and I must say it is very intimidating at the least. I follow some wonderful ladies who do such a fabulous job in their writing, crafting, sewing and etc. So when I created this little corner of the internet for myself I was hoping to learn and grow in both my blogging capabilities and mainly in sharing my little world of family and sewing.

     I have several friends and family members who are beginning their journey of learning to sew and embroider. I thought what better way to encourage one another than by posting some of my most favorite items in a tutorial to help one another along. I am hoping to gain new insights and techniques of sewing. I am a sponge when it comes to sewing and embroidery and I pray I can learn from each of you, who I hope will share your comments and suggestions.  The first tutorial I thought I would try my best to explain and is easy enough for a novice or well seasoned sewer. It makes a great gift for children or you can easily change the size of the pattern to one for yourself. I embroidered this one for Zoe, but you most certainly can do a gorgeous one without the embroidery.

     Like a lot of women I changed my mind at the last minute and decided on a simple A-line dress with a bow for my first ever tutorial. Hopefully I will improve with each tutorial on explaining and showing quality photos to help along the way...but hey we all have to start somewhere.


                                     


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you Apologize to your Children?

     So, as I sit down to write this I've prayed over what to say and how to say it. Hoping that is all comes out right and can be understood. The question is...Do you apologize to your children? I know I'm not the only mama out there that had a baby up most of the night, the alarm didn't go off, you forgot to prep your child's lunch the night before so now you are even later than you could have been because you have to take the time to fix it. Things spun out of control at work or home the rest of the day and when the evening comes you are so beyond frustrated out it comes.....harsh words to our kids. I've lashed out many times before, it's like you just snap and it can't be controlled. You know what? It's ok! We all have bad days, you're doing a terrific job, Mama! Don't let it ruin you! It's what we do during the next few moments that I as a parent have come to view as extremely important and necessary! I stop what I am doing and I pull Zo

The Beautiful Wife

      I have had the privilege to be in a small group called The Beautiful Wife. We are studying this book "The Beautiful Wife" By Sandy Ralya. When starting this group I found out that when these groups are going on Sandy herself is praying over us. Not only our church, but her...the very author of her book is praying for us.  You can email her to let her know you are hosting this group and she encourages you through special messages and prayer. I just think this is an amazing way to connect with an author who is passionate about women becoming a more beautiful wife!      Throughout the last 6 weeks we have read, studied and journaled topics from Self-Care to Inviting Romance into your marriage. It has been a very deep, emotional and eye opening 6 weeks for me. There are areas in my marriage that were quietly hidden that have been opened raw and healed through prayer, journaling and sharing with this amazing group of women that I have come to love and support. It is easy to

Zoe's Baptism

This day I can most definitely count as one of the most emotional days I've been blessed to experience. Marriage, Births, and this Baptism are right on top of that list of amazing moments in my life.  Zoe took her first step by accepting Christ with the help of an inspiring group of selfless people at our church, Decibel. They are there week after week, giving their time and talents. They teach our children on levels that they can understand and relate to. I am in awe of how they just give and give wanting nothing in return.  With that being said there is also a beautiful lady in our church with an incredible talent for photography who took the time to capture these moments on camera.  I am so thankful for this since I was too busy crying and rejoicing in this time with Zoe and my husband who had the privilege to baptize her. Praise be to God for these things He has done!